Meet the Photographer: Luke Bourland

Matt Tackett

Luke Bourland has been working as a photojournalist for The Collegian for two semesters. Bourland has been the assistant photo editor since the beginning of the spring 2020 semester. 

Every Friday, The Collegian posts a photographer’s favorite photo they’ve taken for the Photo Desk on Instagram. Referring to the first photo below, Luke Bourland said:

I think a lot of people get emotionally attached to pictures because it was hard to get, or took a lot of time. This picture I had no expectations for and loved the outcome, sometimes luck plays a big factor.”

Here are some other shots from the day he took his favorite photo for The Collegian

• Marshaun Cameron (26) stands on the field between plays against the Air Force Academy Nov. 16. The Rams lost 38-21. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

• Trey McBride (85) stiff arm’s a defender from the Air Force Academy Nov. 16. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

• Trey McBride (85) celebrates after scoring a touchdown Nov. 16, 2019.

Collegian | Luke Bourland

• Cam’ron Carter (12) runs by the Air Force Academy’s defense Nov. 16. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

• Dante Wright (22) talks to his coaches between plays Nov. 16. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

• Quarterback Patrick O’Brien (12) throws down field against the Air Force Academy Nov. 16. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

• Mohamed Kamara (42) stands before the game starts Nov. 16. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

• Braxton Davis (83) kicks the ball Nov. 16. (Luke Bourland | The Collegian)

Luke Bourland can be reached at photo@collegian.com or on Instagram @lukemcduff.