Spring sounds — a playlist

Flowers are placed in the Garden of Eatin' to attract insects, which help pollinate the produce grown in the garden.
Flowers are placed in the Garden of Eatin’ to attract insects, which help pollinate the produce grown in the garden. (Collegian File Photo)

Spring has sprung, and with it has come spring fever. Akin to senioritis, it has many people jumping out of their seats and running for the outdoors. 

Spring is a time for renewal. The planet renews itself, shedding it’s dull winter garbs and putting on airs of vibrant greens and pastel flowers that seem to pop up in abundance. The grounds crews here at Colorado State University have been busy at work, and we have many blossoms on campus to enjoy, both from old plants welcoming back the sun and newly planted pods waving hello in the sweet spring breeze. 

Spring chases away the desolation of winter and reminds us what living looks like. 

CSU Alumnus Rachel Sinton (24) reads a book in the recently planted garden in front of the UCA on Tuesday. Photo by Ryan Arb
CSU Alumnus Rachel Sinton (24) reads a book in the recently planted garden in front of the UCA on Tuesday. (Photo by Ryan Arb)

It drives people to want to be better. Although New Year’s is the time for resolutions, spring is the time for cleaning up our acts. We clean our homes, clean up our choices, and imagine all the good that we will do when summer comes and we can finally return to our own devices, return to who we are instead of what busy schedules make us into. It is a time of hope, of rejuvenation, and of fresh starts. 

And, just like everything in our lives, artists have made songs that feel like the soundtrack to our spring itches and urges, making spring fever feel less like an illness and more like a blessing.  

This playlist is all about that spring vibe, that feeling of starting fresh, moving toward summer, and beginning to let go of the serious and solemn self that comes with winter. It has a wide variety of styles and artists, but there is sure to be something that speaks to you here. There is 49 hours of music, so happy hearing. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1243432711/playlist/1LKzIO0DeiZaUhMCP5Re2s

What did we miss? What songs don’t quite capture that spring feeling? What are some songs that give you the feels? Let us know in the comments.

Collegian Blogger Sarah Ross can be reached online at blogs@collegian.com or on Twitter @HowSarahTweets. Read more of her content on AltLife.collegian.com or at collegian.com under Music. Leave a comment.