Food & Fun: top five Krazy Karl’s menu items you should try

Senior natural resource management major Travis McCullough enjoys a beer at Krazy Karls Pizza with his friends Thursday afternoon.
Senior natural resource management major Travis McCullough enjoys a beer at Krazy Karl’s Pizza with his friends Thursday afternoon.

Despite its small start in 2010, Krazy Karl’s has skyrocketed as one of the most popular pizza places for CSU students to hang out at. If you’re ever out and about late at night, or just want to satisfy your pizza craving, here are the top five menu items this local restaurant has to offer.

1.       The Krazy Hawaiian

This menu item consists of a standard Hawaiian pizza with Canadian bacon and pineapple, but involves an interesting twist. Additional toppings include dollops of cream cheese and coarsely-chopped pieces of red onion.

2.       Hot Wings

The customer has the option of purchasing an order of either five or 10 chicken wings with free dipping sauce included with every five wings. If you are a heat lover, there are also mild, hot and extra-hot flavors. However, if you are feeling more adventurous, there is also barbecue, Thai, sweet chili, teriyaki and cranberry chipotle sauces to add.

3.       Cousin Vinny                                                                   

This pizza combines traditional ingredients with ones that don’t sound as common for a pizza topping with the use of deli meats. The Cousin Vinny has pepperoni, ham, salami, onion and banana pepper. While it is one of the newer additions to the menu, it has already become one of the most recommended items offered.

4.       North of the Border

States like Colorado are known across the country for the use of green chiles to make various recipes, but most people wouldn’t think of pizza as one of them. This is a pepperoni pizza with dollops of cream cheese and green chilies added for an extra kick. 

Folded pizza and beer can now be enjoyed together at Krazy Karl's Pizza off Elizabeth and Shields due to their recently added bar.
Folded pizza and beer can now be enjoyed together at Krazy Karl’s Pizza off Elizabeth and Shields due to their recently-added bar.

5.       Jalapeno Poppers 

The traditional jalapeno popper is considered by most to be one of the most perfect appetizers offered, yet Krazy Karl’s found a way to make it even better. The restaurant still includes fried, breaded jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, but with bacon added.

The types of pizzas mentioned in this article are specialty pizzas, but depending on your mood, the restaurant also serves traditional or customizable pizzas as well. Regardless of how adventurous you are feeling, you are bound to get your pizza fix satisfied while eating here.

Alaysha Powell is a contributor for the Collegian. She can be reached on Twitter @alaysha_powell.