CSU women’s hoops adds pair of forwards after losing five to transfers

Luke Zahlmann

After losing nearly half of his squad to transfers, coach Ryun Williams began restocking the cupboard this week with the audition of a pair of players in Tatum Neubert and Taylor Mole to CSU’s women’s basketball program.

Neubert is a graduate transfer from LSU where she struggled to find playing time having played just a shade under 10 minutes a game for the Tigers. Having attended Elizabeth High School, Neubert will return home to play for a Rams team that recently lost five players to transfers.

Before her stint in Baton Rouge, Neubert was a member of the Oregon Ducks women’s basketball team after her high school stint resulted in McDonald’s All-American considerations.

The 6-foot-2-inch forward will bring her talents to Fort Collins after a season that saw her undergo knee surgery prior to the year, limiting her playing time.

Mole, a native of Australia, committed to joining the Rams alongside Neubert for the upcoming season. A member of various national teams in Australia, Mole will bring a definitive boost to the Rams frontcourt.

A 6-foot-2-inch forward as well, the pair of forwards will give the Rams a much-needed size boost after a year in which the Rams struggled to produce down low for much of the season.

Collegian sports reporter Luke Zahlmann can be reached at sports@collegian.com or on Twitter @lukezahlmann.