Bernard Blake agrees to free agent contract with Green Bay Packers

Bernard Blake agreed to a free agent contract with the Green Bay Packers at the conclusion of Saturday's NFL Draft.
Bernard Blake agreed to a free agent contract with the Green Bay Packers at the conclusion of Saturday’s NFL Draft.

At the conclusion of Saturday’s NFL Draft, Bernard Blake had yet to hear his name called. But it didn’t take the former CSU cornerback to agree to his first professional contract.

Blake, a native of Bastrop, Texas, agreed to a free agent contract with the Green Bay Packers at the conclusion of Saturday’s rounds. He played in all 13 games in 2014, starting 11,  while recording 38 tackles (26 solo), 11 pass break-ups and one interception. Blake was also selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game on Jan. 17 in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Blake becomes the third Colorado State player from the 2014 team to join an NFL team. Left tackle Ty Sambrailo was drafted with the No. 59 overall pick by the Denver Broncos, and quarterback Garrett Grayson was selected with the No. 75 pick by the New Orleans Saints.

Other notable CSU players who could sign free agent contracts are linebackers Max Morgan and Aaron Davis, kicker Jared Roberts, defensive lineman LaRyan King and running back Dee Hart.

Collegian Sports Editor Keegan Pope can be reached at kpope@collegian.com and on Twitter @ByKeeganPope.