LFTE: We endorse nothing but the truth

Dear Readers,

As election season approaches, we all have seen an increasing number of political advertisements appear around every corner. The advertising sections of The Collegian’s website and print edition have been no exception.  

“The right to factual information is crucial to democracy, and we hope that our coverage can help our readers make a more informed voting decision no matter which candidate or policy they ultimately choose.”

We would like to take a moment to explain that these ads are sold and placed by our marketing department, which is completely separate from The Collegian’s management and writing staff. They do not reflect the personal opinions of our staff or have any relation to the stories we cover. 

Our newspaper relies on income from advertisements so that we can continue to pay our staff while also keeping our coverage free and accessible to the CSU community. As our past editor-in-chief noted, almost anyone who follows our advertising guidelines can purchase an ad in our paper. 

The Collegian does not endorse any specific political candidate or party.

We take our journalistic ethic of acting independently very seriously, which means we do our very best to cover topics related to the political elections in as unbiased a manner as possible. The right to factual information is crucial to democracy, and we hope that our coverage can help our readers make a more informed voting decision no matter which candidate or policy they ultimately choose.

We believe that providing unbiased information to our community is the most impactful thing we can do this election season. 

Happy Voting,

The Collegian Editorial Board

Lauryn Bolz, editor-in-chief

Abby Vander Graaff, content managing editor

Matt Tackett, digital & design managing editor

The editorial board can be reached at editor@collegian.com or on Twitter @CSUCollegian.