Weather: Abundant sunshine, warmer than normal

Slide1

Remember Wednesday’s weather? The only difference in the forecast for Thursday is the temperature, and it’s going to be a few degrees warmer. We should fall just short of the record high, but 14 degrees above normal isn’t too shabby! Expect abundant sunshine throughout the day. If you plan on spending extended periods of time outdoors, then make sure to bring sunscreen and a water bottle.

Slide1

Thursday evening will feel more like a warm summer night. Even as the sun sets, clear skies will stick around for the Fort Collins area. This may be the perfect opportunity for some stargazing! Only a very small sliver of the moon will be visible, which will help darken the night sky.

Slide1

Not much change is expected in the forecast until Sunday. Friday is forecast to be on par with the two prior days: sunny and warm. A couple of clouds will pop up Saturday afternoon, but temperatures will still be in the mid 80s.

A low pressure system, packed with moisture, was slowly moving over the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday, and it is very slowly making its way toward Colorado. Weather models are struggling to pinpoint the system’s forecasted location, but do agree that it should affect the area Sunday night and into Monday. As we get closer to Sunday, we’ll have a better idea of how much rain, and how cool, it is going to be. Keep an eye on this weather blog for additional information!

At any rate, this stretch of 80s may be the last we see for a couple of weeks. Whether you enjoy summer or fall, you will get experience both over the next week.