Which Greek team will take the Triwizard cup home?

Hogwarts
Hogwarts (Photo credit: Flakkers)

The 2014 Greek Week theme is “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.” For those who don’t know, Greek week is a time in the spring when the members of the fraternity and sorority community come together around events of celebration.

The Greek Life at Colorado State University celebrates Greek week by pairing up fraternities and sororities in teams and give them a name that relates to the theme of Greek week. Greek week here at CSU has a series of competitive events that relates to the theme. It forces unity amongst teams and the organizations they are paired up with to compete in the events to determine the winning team of Greek Week.

The events of this year’s Greek week are as follows:

Sunday, March 30

• Flags of Wizardry (Picture Taking for Judging) between 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. at CSU Intramural Fields 12 & 13
  • Triwizard Tournament from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. at CSU Intramural Fields 12 & 13
  • Quidditch Tournament from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. at CSU Intramural Fields 12 & 13

Tuesday, April 1

•  “Making Greek Great” Program from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (Doors Open at 6:30 p.m.) at the Lincoln Center

Wednesday, April 2

• Lipsync and Minute-To-Win-It from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. (Doors Open at 6:30pm) at the Lincoln Center

Thursday, April 3

• Dragon Racing from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the track behind the University Center for the Arts

Friday, April 4

• Unity Stroll from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the basketball courts between the Recreation Center and the Intramural Fields

Saturday, April 5

• CSUnity from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at various locations in Fort Collins community
  • Yule Ball from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. at the Lory Student Center Theatre

Let’s kick off the first week of April by maintaining and building a stronger sense of unity in Greek Life. As Albus Dumbedore said, “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”

Collegian editor at large Usman Bandukda can be reached at community@collegian.com