Comics I’m Reading

I take my comic books very seriously. When I subscribe to a series, I am committed to the characters and plot, thus trusting the writers and artists with my small paycheck. Over last semester, I’ve pretty much recommended every one of the series I’m currently reading, so in one sentence I will summarize what I’ve recommended as well as a couple new series I’ve gotten attached to.

Pretty DeadlyPretty Deadly by Kelly Sue DeConnick, Emma Rios

Beautiful western with Death’s daughter on the heels of her birth father and the person he refused to kill to get her back.

Revival by Tim Seeley, Mike Norton

Local single mom cop has a lot on her plate with her younger sister and dead people coming back to life.

Saga by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples

Space Romeo and Juliet plus a baby with gratuitous cursing, witty banter, and everyone trying to kill them.

VelvetHawkeye by Matt Fraction, David Aja

Our favorite underrated superhero’s painful (but sadly funny) life and his apprentice is branching out.

Velvet by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, Elizabeth Breitweiser

Secretary, actually retired super spy, disappears to find murderer of former secret agent.

Trillium by Jeff Lemire, Jose Villarrubia

Two people separated by time and space trying to figure out why they met.

SCYoung Avengers by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, Mike Norton

Multiple universe mother issues combined with teen angst and lots of hormones.

Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction, Chip Zdarsky

When sex can literally stop time, what would you do?

FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics by Simon Oliver, Robbi Rodriguez

Investigating disturbances in the laws of physics; it’s a day job.

For more recommendations, art, and comic book news, follow Comics for the Curious on Tumblr!