Best of CSU: Pre-game wings to die for

Whether in the market for a new lunch hotspot, or the place to watch the football game on the flat screen, one very savory place comes to mind: Jim’s Wings.

Open for 22 years in the Fort Collins Area, and has won Best Wings for 16 years running, Jim’s Wings is a family friendly restaurant that serves a variety of wings in your choice of sauce, including mild, medium, hot, extra, hot, Ram hot, barbecue, and teriyaki. You can bet that ‘Ram hot’ is the one to try, students!

According to Jim’s Wings manager Robert McDougel, Ram hot is the hottest sauce in their shop, and is his favorite of the sauces.

While the sauces are a great reason to come, the atmosphere of pre- or post-game fun is the reason to stay.

“We play all the big sporting events. We are busy for CSU games, we always play all the CSU games here,” McDougel said. “This is a big gathering spot for people before they go to games, just for the proximity of Moby as well as Hughes.”

Be sure to check out this hotspot the next time your tastebuds are tingling for some spicy wings.

College Avenue editor in chief Logan Martinez can be reached at collegeavenue@collegian.com.