8 current and future construction projects at CSU

Megan Fischer

Colorado State University has seen numerous improvements to its Fort Collins campus, but with all of the changes and announcements, it can be difficult to keep track of what has been completed and when construction will begin on the planned projects.

The following are eight projects that either have begun or are planned for the near future.

Chemistry Research Building

Exterior-Rendering_CSU_Chem_Rendering_AltStoneCaps-300x175
(Rendering courtesy of the CSU College of Natural Sciences.)

Slated to start in winter 2016 and finish fall 2017, the new building will be located between Pitkin Street and Lake Street. 

Biology Building

CSU-BIO_gv1-2_fin01
(Rendering courtesy of CSU College of Natural Resources.)

The Biology Building renovation started in fall 2015, and its estimated finish date is set for fall 2017. 

Stadium

(Rendering courtesy of SOURCE.)
(Rendering courtesy of SOURCE.)

The on-campus stadium construction has already started and has an estimated finish date of August 2017. 

South College Avenue Parking Garage

uniSquarePkng
(Map courtesy of Facilities Management.)

Construction on the parking garage started in fall 2015 and will finish during summer 2016.

Aggie Village Redevelopment

Video posted on CSU Halls YouTube account.

The redevelopment on the Aggie Village apartment complex started during the winter 2015 and is expected to finish in summer 2016.

Pedestrian/ Bicycle Underpass at Prospect Road and Centre Avenue

A rendering of the new underpass at Prospect Road and Centre Avenue. (Photo courtesy of Colorado State University).
A rendering of the new underpass at Prospect Road and Centre Avenue. (Photo courtesy of Colorado State University.)

Work on the underpass will start in winter 2016 and end in fall 2016. It will allow for bikers and pedestrians easier access to campus on the southern side of campus.

CSU Health and Medical Center

Video posted on Colorado State University YouTube account.

Construction on the health and medical center will start in winter 2016 and end during spring 2017.

Equine Hospital

CSU is building a 180,000 square foot, $47 million Equine Hospital with help from a A $10 million gift from the Helen K. and Arthur E. Johnson Foundation.

The new facility will allow the equine clinicians to care for about 4,000 horse patients each year, according to a university release

Start and end dates for the equine hospital have not yet been determined.

Collegian Reporter Megan Fischer can be reached at news@collegian.com and on twitter @MegFischer04.