How to Increase eCommerce Sales with SEO

With the development of the online shopping market, SEO has become a crucial factor in driving targeted traffic and increasing sales. Effective...

Automated external defibrillator awareness event to be held Thursday

More than 200,000 Americans die of sudden cardiac arrest every year, according to the Red Cross. Almost 1/4 of these deaths could have been prevented if an automated external defibrillator had been available for urgent use.

Students can help in the case of sudden cardiac arrest on campus, and the Department of Risk Management and Insurance is providing the opportunity for discussion Thursday on the Lory Student Center Plaza from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

(Photo courtesy of Kathryn Laws)
(Photo courtesy of Kathryn Laws.)

Interactive lifesaving demonstrations, information and prizes will be available to students and community members during the event.

“This campaign is about making students aware of their surroundings because most buildings on campus have an AED, if not multiple, ready to be used in a SCA emergency,” said Kathryn Laws, with the Department of Risk Management and Insurance. “Every person has potential to help, and this campaign will help people understand better where AEDs can be located on campus, when and how to use them, and where to get certified in AED and CPR procedures.”

Students can also learn more about AED and CPR on Facebook and Twitter.

The Department of Risk Management website has information on where to get CPR certified. Students may take a semester-long class worth two credits, HES 240, in order to get certified, and the CSU Rec Center also offers Red Cross Certification Classes.

Collegian News Editor Christina Vessa can be reached online at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @ChrissyVessa.