Local restaurants offer deals in honor of 4/20

Flavor, music and art are just a few things on the agenda for the City of Fort Collins in celebration of the 4/20 holiday.

Chebahut offers an array of "munchies" just perfectly sweet and strange (captain crunch crispy treats?) enough to satisfy any red-eyed, hungry individual. On 4/20 the Chebahut located on West Elizabeth will be holding PB&J eating contests and other fun events to celebrate a very green holiday.
Cheba Hut offers an array of “munchies” just perfectly sweet and strange enough to satisfy any red-eyed, hungry individual. On 4/20, the Cheba Hut located on W. Elizabeth St. will be holding PB&J eating contests and other fun events to celebrate a very green holiday.

This year, restaurants in Fort Collins have special events and deals for 4/20.

Cheba Hut is a restaurant in Fort Collins that has participated in the festivities in previous years.

“We are hoping to make a bigger turnout this year,” said Cheba Hut Manager Alma Jensen. “The atmosphere is going to be great, there will be giveaways from (medical marijuana dispensary) Flower Power and (smoke shop) Kind Creations.”

Alma also said there are going to be a great deals on lunch specials.

“We try to make a friendly environment, for not just stoners, but everyone in general,” Alma said. “It’s an event for anyone who wants to celebrate.”

Alma predicts the city is going to be much more open to celebrating the holiday this year.

The Colorado Room is a Fort Collins restaurant that will also be catering to the 4/20 holiday with live music, drink specials and giveaways.

“The Colorado Room is a community, it’s kind of like home,” said Colorado Room employee Amy Guerrieri. “Instead of looking at someone like a customer, we (look) at people like friends. There are going to be a lot of young adults and very kind people with good attitudes. … We have drinks, art, music and food. What more could a stoner want?”

Avogadro’s Number production manager and promoter, Liz Evan said the restaurant will host live music in honor of 4/20.

Collegian Reporter Keoni Grundhauser can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @kgrundhauser.