CSU Dance Marathon to raise money Denver Children’s Hospital Nov. 15

Update: Despite the snow Saturday, CSU students and “Champions” from the Denver Children’s Hospital traveled to the LSC theater to show their support for the organization through dance. The support of the CSU community was able to raise thousands of dollars for the patients of Children’s Hospital Colorado. Dance Marathon is scheduled to return to campus next fall.

Colorado State University is set to host the third Dance Marathon event in the Lory Student Center Theater from 2 to 10 p.m. Nov. 15.

Previous CSU Dance Marathon events have raised more than $32,000 for the Children’s Miracle Network. The Children’s Miracle Network focuses on the treatment of pediatric patients who have been diagnosed with cancer or other life altering diseases. Students can sign up individually or on a team to participate in the event or donate to the cause.

“We’re dancing for those who can’t,” said Bree Ziola, CSU junior and co-morale chair for Dance Marathon. “We are doing it to show our support for the kids who have been through so much.”

The money raised through Dance Marathon at CSU goes to the Children’s Hospital in Denver. The money is put into the hospital’s general fund, which can be used to help patients who cannot afford treatment, expand their facilities and provide supplies for the treatment of the child.

“Some of these children will never see the outside of a hospital again,” said Emily Rubin, CSU junior and co-morale chair for Dance Marathon. “What we are doing means so much to them, and it impacts them in so many ways. The children who are able to watch and participate in the event are so grateful to see so much support.”

Over 200 universities around the country host their own Dance Marathon event. According to Dance Marathon, everyone is encouraged to join, regardless of dance skills. The event is not a dance-off but rather a dance party to raise money for a good cause.

“It’s just a great opportunity to meet the children and see how even if these terrible things have happened to them, they are still able to enjoy every day and live every day to the fullest,” said Natalie Stevens, CSU senior, executive director of CSU Dance Marathon.

Any questions about sponsorship and donations for the event can be sent to CSUDanceMarathon@gmail.com.

Collegian Reporter Danielle Jauregui can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @danij27.