Colorado State’s annual Education Abroad fair

Students of all majors peruse the various stations in the LSC's Grand Ballroom at CSU's annual Education Abroad Fair on Friday afternoon. (Photo credit: Sarah Fish)
Students of all majors peruse the various stations in the LSC Grand Ballroom at CSU’s annual Education Abroad Fair on Friday afternoon. (Photo credit: Sarah Fish)

Colorado State University’s annual Education Abroad fair was held Friday and featured informational booths about CSU’s study abroad programs and destinations all over the globe.

The fair was held in the Lory Student Center main ballrooms from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

There were booths for each CSU affiliated study abroad program containing detailed information about the country, universities, academic programs and majors available in each university, and an option for students to provide their contact information to receive more information about the program in the future.

Students who had previously traveled to a certain university and country were also at the designated booths to share about their own experiences studying abroad.

Darja Popova, a biological science senior, studied abroad in Australia the fall semester of her junior year, and was representing one of the booths for the Australia program at the fair.

“I’ve always wanted to go to Australia because I was always so fascinated with the wildlife there that we don’t have over here,” Popova said. “The experience itself was amazing. I spent so much time with the kangaroos and wallabies because I went out-backing a lot. It was the best choice I’ve made.

Popova said her semester in Australia was difficult in an academic sense, but she would not trade the experience for anything in the world.

“It was definitely one of the hardest semester because you have to balance your studies with travel, but it was worth it,” Popova said. “You learn how to travel and you learn how to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds. You get connections from all over the world.”

Melinda Hicks, a business sophomore, attended the education abroad fair and is considering studying abroad in Rome.

“I want to study abroad because I want to get a global perspective on the world, especially since I’m studying business,” Hicks said. “I would love to develop new experiences and new relationships with people abroad.”

Brittany Henry, a biomedical sciences sophomore, also said she wants to study abroad and is considering going to London.

“I’ve always loved traveling and learning about different cultures and I think getting out there in the world is something young adults should do while they can,” Henry said.

Collegian Reporter Amanda Thompson can be reached at news@collegian.com or @amanduhh3003.