Fort Collins teenager barricades himself while recording rap video

Josh Jackson
Screenshot of Adequate Advocate’s video posted Aug. 5, via YouTube.

Fort Collins police arrested 19-year-old Joshua Jackson Aug. 5 after his roommates reported being menaced by Jackson following an argument, according to Rita Davis, public information officer for Fort Collins Police Services.

“During their altercation, Jackson reportedly grabbed a corkscrew in one hand and a knife in the other and menaced his roommates,” Davis said. “The roommates fled and contacted police.”

Davis said Jackson barricaded himself in the home, located on Duke Street, and refused to come out until a diversionary device was deployed.

“Jackson was known to have a history of resisting police,” Davis said. “He was taken into custody around 10:30 p.m. for felony menacing.”

No one was injured in the incident and Davis said Jackson exited the home.

A video that appears to be connected to last night’s incident appeared on YouTube. In the video, titled “Adequate Advocate police are trying to murder me as I write this,” (Editor’s Note: The material in this video may be offensive to some) a rapper named Adequate Advocate, according to the title, films himself rapping for about a minute. The video ends with a flash of light and a loud noise, as he says, “Oh, s**t! You heard the blast!”

A profile of a musician named Adequate Advocate can be found at http://www.reverbnation.com/adequateadvocate.

The bio reads: “Joshua C. Jackson (Adequate Advocate) was born on September 27, 1993 in Greeley, Colorado. The emotional intensity that is expressed through his lyricism and production has immense influence from his traumatic past. Joshua lost both of his biological parents to the underworld of organized crime, his father is in prison and his mother passed away in 2001.”

On the Facebook page for Joshua Jackson Cannon, a status posted at approximately 11:30 p.m., reads “there is a live webcam going so if these police try to murder me it is on tape for the world to see as evidence. I AM UNARMED!!”

Another status posted on the same Facebook page at approximately 10:30 p.m. includes a link to the aforementioned YouTube video and reads: “the realest video i have made — police outside due to an assault on me by my room mate cameron.”

Editor in Chief Emily Smith can be reached at news@collegian.com.