Climbing Everest is not the feat it once was

Mount Everest north face from Ronguk monastery...
Mount Everest north face from Ronguk monastery in Tibet. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The likelihood of meeting someone who has climbed Mount Everest is on the rise. With advancing technologies, and the help of experienced guides, the task of summiting the world’s highest peak can be done by just about anyone, according to the Voice of America.

In a recent article, Mike Richman talks about how the number of people summitting the peak is skyrocketing as time passes.

“Sixty years ago, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay became the first people to reach the top of Mount Everest, the world’s tallest peak. Their climb took seven weeks, much longer than today’s journeys up the Himalayan mountain. But conquering Everest is not as daunting as it once was,” Richman said.

Today the mountain has been scouted, and there have been climbing ropes installed to make the climb more simplistic.

“The head of a Himalayan expedition company, Iswari Paudel, agreed that the climb has become less challenging,” Richman said.

Now, we can’t completely discredit the adventure.  Although the mountain is mostly covered in ice and snow, the climb can still be hell on earth.

Don’t believe us? Check out this video below, it is  filled with ropes and installed ladders. Isn’t as easy as it sounded 3 minutes ago, right?

To read more on the improvements to the climb, click here.