Flower Power Botanicals in Fort Collins Celebrates ‘420’ all April with these amazing Deals & Promotions:

In Colorado, April is always the month to celebrate, especially if you are a medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins. On...

Memorable moments from the 2012 election

Obama and Romney, Partycat Style
Obama and Romney, Partycat Style (Photo credit: DoNotLick)

Romney casually bets $10,000, Dec 12, 2011

During a Republican primary held in December 2011, Romney made a bet with Texas Gov. Rick Perry over the individual mandate. Perry said that Romney had called the Massachusetts healthcare law a model for the nation. Romney replied that he hadn’t. “I’ll tell you what,” Romney said, holding out his hand. “$10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet?” (Washington Post)

Obama’s ‘You didn’t build that’ comment draws constructive criticism, July 13, 2012

At a firehouse in Roanoke, Va., Obama defended his economic policy and the role of government in supporting business by saying “Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that.” Republicans criticized the comment, and it would pop up in campaign advertisements and speeches for much of the campaign. (CNN)

Mitt Romney criticizes the British during London Olympics, July 29, 2012

During the London Olympics, Mitt Romney criticized the British several times for their handling of the games. “The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging,” he said. (ABC News)

Obama camp won’t disavow ad tying Romney to woman’s cancer death, Aug. 8, 2012

A steelworker addressed the camera and said that after Bain Capital shut down his plant, his family lost their health insurance and his wife died of cancer. The ad was produced by a pro-Obama SuperPAC and it implied that Romney would kill voter’s spouses. (ABC News)

Biden says Republicans are ‘Going to put y’all back in chains,’ Aug. 12, 2012

Vice President Joe Biden told a crowd of African-Americans in Danville, Virginia that “(Romney) is going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,” Biden said. “He is going to put y’all back in chains.” Biden drew criticism for being insensitive with the remark. The speech was about the economic policies of the Romney/Ryan ticket. (ABC News)

Obama campaign trail is B.Y.O.B, Aug. 14, 2012

Obama spokesman Jay Carney told the Des Moines Register that the Obama campaign bus is stocked with beers home-brewed at the White House. Obama drank with supporters at the Iowa State Fair in August 2012 and has been photographed drinking beer on several occasions. (Fox News)

Obama visits Fort Collins, Aug. 28, 2012

Addressing students, faculty and community members on the Montfort Quad at Colorado State University, President Obama talked about jobs and clean energy.

Romney accidentally tells a group of Cubans that he loves vagina, Sept. 15, 2012

In a meeting with a group of Cuban-exiles in Miami, Romney mentioned how much he loved “papaya” and several other fruits. A Cuban slang word, “papaya,” is used as a way to describe the female genitalia. (Huffington Post)

Mitt Romney criticized for Latino joke, Sept. 19, 2012

In a campaign fundraising event, Romney spoke about his father, who was born in Mexico to make a joke which would draw criticism. “Had he been born of Mexican parents, I’d have a better shot at winning this,” Romney said. “But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.” (Huffington Post)

Paul Ryan visits Fort Collins, Sept. 26, 2012

In a campaign stop, Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan hosted a town hall meeting at Walker Manufacturing, a local manufacturer of farm equipment. He spoke about small businesses, healthcare, modifying welfare and changing foreign policy.

Obama seemed drunk or on drugs or both at first presidential debate, Oct. 3 2012

In the first presidential debate Obama “took presidential decorum to a Xanax extreme,” the New York Times said. The President was distracted and listless and excuses some even called it a disaster.

Romney’s love/hate relationship with Big Bird, Oct. 3, 2012

In the same debate, Romney addressed cutting federal funding, including the Public Broadcasting System (PBS). “I like PBS. I love Big Bird. Actually, I like you, too,” Romney said to PBS “NewsHour” host Jim Lehrer, who was hosting the debate. “But I’m not going to keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for.” (USA Today)

Romney brags about his “binders full of women,” Oct. 16, 2012

At second presidential debate, Romney described the Massachusetts search for qualified women to fill cabinet posts saying “I went to a number of women’s groups and said, ‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.” (ABC News)

Obama accidently reminds the country that bayonets are still standard issue, Oct. 22, 2012

During the final presidential debate, Obama told Romney:

“You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916,” Obama said. “Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military’s changed.” (ABC News)