Fort Collins Focus

rico_web by .
CSU campus Recycled Cycles employee Rico Lighthouse relaxes with a copy of Robin Hood near the Lagoon during his lunchbreak July 31

Taya Brickner, 8, and her brother Miles, 5, play in a fountain in the Children’s Garden at Spring Creek. They can pump water from a giant watering can to create rivers in the channeled rock sculpture. Photograph by John Sheesley

Brynn Koger enjoys a summer day with some ice cream in Old Town, Fort Collins. Colorado has seen record breaking temperatures this summer reaching into the min 90's.
Brynn Koger enjoys a summer day with some ice cream in Old Town, Fort Collins. Colorado has seen record breaking temperatures this summer reaching into the min 90’s. Photograph by Kaitie Huss

Orientation leaders Luke Contreras, Taylorae Dewitt and Christian Kalenga chant “I’m proud, to be, a CSU Ram!” July 10 while incoming CSU students walk by as part of the Preview Orientation. The Preview program runs through June and July, and helps incoming freshmen and transfer stuents to get accustomed to the university and Fort Collins community.
Orientation leaders Luke Contreras, Taylorae Dewitt and Christian Kalenga chant “I’m proud, to be, a CSU Ram!” July 10 while incoming CSU students walk by as part of the Preview Orientation. The Preview program runs through June and July, and helps incoming freshmen and transfer stuents to get accustomed to the university and Fort Collins community. Photograph by Nic Turiciano

A spray painted sign showing support for firefighters sits on the corner of Mulberry and Remington. Signs thanking firefighters have been popping up since the crews first arrived.
A spray painted sign showing support for firefighters sits on the corner of Mulberry and Remington. Signs thanking firefighters have been popping up since the crews first arrived. Photograph by Michael Elizabeth Sakas

June 28, 2012

Brandon Rand receives a "taster" while at the New Belgium Brewery tent on Sunday at the Colorado Brewer's Festival. New Belgium was one of the nine Fort Collins breweries represented at this year's festival.
Brandon Rand receives a “taster” while at the New Belgium Brewery tent on Sunday at the Colorado Brewer’s Festival. New Belgium was one of the nine Fort Collins breweries represented at this year’s festival. Photograph by Nic Turiciano

June 21, 2012

Scotty Chase, 11, climbs the bouldering problem outside the student recreation center at CSU. Chase's family is from Littleton, Colorado and is visiting CSU while his older sister attends Preview Orientation.
Scotty Chase, 11, climbs the bouldering problem outside the student recreation center at CSU. Chase’s family is from Littleton, Colorado and is visiting CSU while his older sister attends Preview Orientation. Photograph by Kristin Hall