The Spark Summit: The place where we can find hope and healing in hectic times

Sponsored Content:

All around us we see the evidence of a conflicted world. One only has to turn on the television and we are bombarded with images of hate, violence, and a divided political system that has most of us wondering how we are going to survive all of the crisis, confusion, and chaos, much less, how we can thrive in these unstable and unpredictable times. We can get so caught up in our own struggle, that trying to imagine how we could possibly impact the larger whole of humanity can feel like a fruitless pursuit.

How do we move out of this struggle and into a place where we reignite hope and can look forward with a vision of healing for ourselves and our planet?

Whether you believe in climate change or not, it is easy to see we are in an existential crisis. How do we find the holy grail of healing in our challenging and often difficult world?

For the last 30 years I have worked in the mental health field and have had the privilege of spending my days exploring the interiors of others’ minds and hearts. In the last 12 years as a psychotherapist in private practice, I have seen what promotes people living in desperation and what it is that helps set them free. Since 2016, I have seen the anguish, anxiety, and angst increase in my client’s lives as our political climate has become even more divided and seeing each other’s points of views has become increasingly difficult in our country.

As we fortify ourselves and build a core of calm, strength, and happiness, we are able to navigate through the rough waters of change or conflict we may find ourselves in.

Things That Help:1. Taking Time to Access the Calm in You

Regardless of what religion you are or what your concept of God is, taking time each day to get quiet and listen to that still voice inside of you has proven to be one of the greatest resources to strengthen a sense of wellbeing and cultivating calm during tumoiltous times. Taking some deep breaths and focusing within for even five or ten minutes will make a substantial change in your day.

As you drop out of your mind and into your heart, you are able to access this still calm and reserve of love that will fortify you no matter what the outside circumstances of your life may be.

Whether you find peace by meditating, being in nature, or by doing yoga, when you do these things you activate your parasympathetic nervous system which decreases your stress and anxiety response.

As we heal ourselves, we add to that collective healing in the world and become clearer conduits to help spread that healing to others.

1. Pay Attention to What You Are Downloading

It can be helpful to think of your body and mind as a computer. What are you downloading all day? What is your mind focused on? What are you watching, listening to, or reading that you are downloading into your personal mind computer? When you think about it this way, you only want to be downloading positive programs, you don’t want to download something (negative) that may cause a virus. You want your PC to be running at full capacity.

If you begin your day with the news and everything that is wrong with the world, it will lead to feelings of distress, despair, and sometimes a sense of hopelessness that you aren’t able to make any change in the world or in what is happening all around you. Think about how you would like to start your day and what it is that you would like to be focusing on instead. Your point of power is always in the present moment. You get to choose the programs you want to download.

So, no matter what you choose to focus on, you can focus on what gives you an inner reserve and is positive programing for your mind.

1. Developing a Healthy Mindset

We have all heard the phrase that seeing is believing, but actually the opposite is true. What we believe is actually what our mind focuses on seeing. If we believe life is hard and that the world is hopeless, we are going to look at it through that colored lens. It is our negative and limiting beliefs that keep us from experiencing the kind of joy, happiness, and satisfaction we are seeking in life.

Look at the areas in your life: relationship, career, school, finances, self-concept, and spirituality, to see where there may be a negative message you have been repeating to yourself. Examples of limiting beliefs can range from, “I can never get ahead financially,” to “I always pick the wrong people to date.” What we don’t realize is that by repeating what was once just a negative thought over and over again, we turn those thoughts into beliefs and then our brain looks for evidence of those beliefs in our external world.

Once you have identified your limiting beliefs, write down what you would like to believe about yourself instead. “I am lovable and have wonderful relationships,” or “I save money easily and live in abundance.” Then, when you have identified all of your “new beliefs” write them down in a gratitude paragraph, “I am so grateful and thankful that I have a wonderful person in my life, I feel loved and fulfilled, and I am financially secure and flourishing.”

1. Connection

It is one of our basic human needs to want to feel a sense of connection to others, however so many people continue to experience profound loneliness and separation. Larry Dossey, in his wonderful book, One Mind, discusses how we are all truly connected and that our feelings of separation and isolation are merely illusions of the mind. He said he wrote the book because he believes the One Mind is the potential way out of the division, greed, bitterness, selfishness and destruction that threatens to engulf our world. He shares that as we embrace the realization of the One Mind, we move away from isolation of a separate individual struggling against impossible odds and into a place of felt unity with all other minds which then gives us a feeling of purpose, possibility, and an ability to see the sacredness in all things.

One of the most important ways we can deal with the hectic times we face and the fear mongering we see on the nightly news is to rise above it and move into our hearts to see the areas where we are far more alike than the few places, we are different from one another.

To hear more from these inspirational speakers and other thought leaders in the fields of psychology, science, and spirituality come, join us for an exciting and interactive day and ignite your best life at The Spark Summit 2019, October 26th, in Fort Collins, Colorado. Tickets on sale now at www.thesparksummit2019.com. Use promocode: CSU33 for 33% off tickets. Heal your life. Heal the world.