Childhood Memories and Squeaky Bikes Give Birth To Bike Shop

Eric Drake, owner of Drake Cycles , had two motivating factors that led to the opening of Drake Cycles; childhood memories and sleepless nights in Fort Collins.

The young entrepreneur grew up in Springfield, IL riding Cannondale dirt jump mountain bikes. “My brother introduced me to mountain bikes and t became my favorite hobby. I loved to ride around town with my buddies and go to the jumps.”

His decision to make bike sales and repair his vocation came a bit later. He said, “I decided to open Drake Cycles when I lived off Remington Street.  I would have squeaky bikes pass by all the time. I decided to start fixing bikes just for fun and people started to come back. That’s when I decided it was time to start the shop.”

Drake Cycles quickly outgrew its 900 square foot space in West Fort Collins, and recently moved into a more spacious 2500 square foot space at 902 W. Drake Road Unit D, near the Market Center.

His advice to new bike shoppers: “Shop around and try out some bikes, test ride them and find something you can grow into as your enjoyment for cycling builds.”

Road, commuter, mountain and single speed bikes from Cannondale, Kona, Rocky Mountain, Breezer, Purefix and many more can be found at Drake Cycles. But, as experienced riders know, and novice cyclists will soon discover, the key to enjoying this sport is making sure your bike is tuned and ready to roll. Drake and his team pride themselves on their service work (including suspension) on all types of bicycles.

Stop in to Drake Cycles today and make the most of your biking experience.

Drake Cycles is located at 902 W. Drake Road, Unit 9 in Fort Collins. Hours are M-F:  10-6, Sat: 10-5, Sun:Closed. Phone 970-631-8326. Phone 970-631-8326.