Things to do this week in Fort Collins: chili, movies, breweries

It might be time to take advantage of the few days of warm weather and enjoy the endless events happening in Fort Collins. Whether you are looking for interactions with nature, sipping wine at a no-experience-necessary art class or feasting on some prize-winning chili, there are fun times to be found in the next few days.

All sorts of events are right around the corner this week, most for free to little cost.

Oct. 23, at Maxline Brewing: October Chili Cook-Off

Today from 6:30-8 p.m, Maxline Brewing is hosting a cook-off for all the best chili-cooks in Fort Collins. While they are no longer accepting contestants, tickets for you and friends are available for only $12. Along with the ticket comes a free pint, for those 21 and older. 

Oct. 24, at Aggie Theater: Far Out Film by Teton Gravity Research 

Tomorrow from 6-9 p.m. at the Aggie Theatre, Teton Gravity Research is presenting a film all things skiing and snowboarding. The film follows an athlete on his journey to the Albanian Alps, one of the most remote mountainous areas on Earth. Alongside the show, prizes will be given out throughout the evening, including lift tickets to Crested Butte and Jackson Hole. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 on the day of.

Oct. 25, at Fort Collins Museum of Discovery: ‘Discovery After Dark:’ Live Experimental Media Art

This Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at the OtterBox Digital Dome Theatre, you can have a multimedia experience on the nature of our interactions with technology and everything digital. Tickets are being sold for $5-10, and the event is family friendly. 

Oct. 25, at Old Firehouse Books: ‘Find Nature In The Everyday’ with Julia Corbett 

Author Julia Corbett will be at Old Firehouse Books on Thursday at 6 p.m to celebrate the release of her new book, “Out of the Woods.” The author will discuss interesting looks into the history and reasoning behind our interactions and daily encounters with nature. No tickets are necessary, you can learn more about the author and her book here.

Oct. 25, at Gilded Goat Brewing Company: Paint and Sip

A no experience-necessary art class guided by professional, local artists starts at 7- p.m. at Gilded Goat Brewery. Friends and family are welcome, though ticket prices are more pricey, sitting at a $40 price tag. Drinks are available to those 21 and older.

Nick Veintimilla can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @NickVeintimill1.