Cinco De Mayo cooking class promises good food and tequila in preparation for the holiday

The Cinco De Mayo cooking class will be held in the Gifford Building room 237. (Photo courtesy of Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center)

Cinco de Mayo is a time for celebration.

This Friday, May 4, the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center is hosting a Cinco De Mayo cooking class on the Colorado State University campus in Gifford 237 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The class costs $75 per pair.

According to the SOURCE, the cooking classes “are designed to improve your kitchen confidence and nutrition knowledge with tips, skills, handouts and recipes provided by the registered dietitian nutritionists of the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center.”

Featured recipes include the following: chili lime tortilla chips with homemade salsa, mango, avocado, black bean salad, chicken street tacos, and baked churros. Additionally, KRNC’s sponsor, NoCo Distillery will supply 100% Blue Agave Tequila for the event.

KRNC supplies all the equipment, ingredients, recipes and instructions to make the meal, therefore all you have to do is show up ready to cook and ready to eat. There will be a free margarita tasting provided by Coyote Gold for those who come early as well. 

Spots are limited and you must register online to reserve a spot.

Jarrae Newell can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @Jarrae_Newell.