Fall Movie Guide: What to see, when to see it

With the end of summer comes the end of summer blockbusters. But that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing new coming out this fall. This fall is sure to feature some hit films, with new Marvel, Disney and Harry Potter movies coming out. Here are a few of the most anticipated films coming out this semester:

September

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

9th: “Sully” – the story of Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger, who successfully crash-landed a plane full of passengers in the Hudson in 2009.

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

16th: “Snowden” – an R-rated biography of the NSA employee who leaked confidential files.

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

23rd: “The Magnificent 7” – a western shoot-em-up featuring Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt, not to be confused with Tarantino’s film “The Hateful 8.”

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

30th: “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” – based off the novel of the same name, this tells the story of a boy who discovers children with special powers hidden on an island.

October

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

28th: “Inferno” – the final film in the series that began with “The Da Vinci Code.”

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

28th: “Rings” – a new film in the style of the classic horror film “The Ring.”

November

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

4th: “Doctor Strange” – the newest film in the Marvel Universe, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch, and introducing magic to the series.

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

4th: “Trolls” – a re-imagining of the ’80s troll dolls, featuring the voices of Anna Kendrick, Zooey Deschanel and Justin Timberlake

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

18th: “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” – the newest story in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, set in ’20s New York.

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com
Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

25th: “Moana” – Disney’s latest “princess” tale, set in Polynesian culture and featuring the voice of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and music by Lin-Manual Miranda.