5 new bands performing at FoCo MX

Randi Mattox

Presented by Fort Collins Musicians Association and Odell Brewing Co., the popular music festival FoCo MX returns for its eighth year on April 22-23 to celebrate local music. FoCo MX will feature over 200 performers. Some are well known to the Fort Collins community, while others are just stepping onto the music scene.

Here are five bands that will be taking the stage at FoCo MX for the first time: 

1. RL Cole

Date: 4/22

Time: 8 p.m.

Venue: Aggie Theatre

About: RL Cole is a folk-blues artist who began his solo performance career in 2013. Cole is a former nominee for Best Blues of Denver award. Appalachian folk, Delta blues and Southern gothic music heavily influence his music.

2. One Flew West

Date: 4/22

Time: 9:30 p.m.

Venue: Surfside 7

About: One Flew West combines rock, folk and pop to create the music that won a Westward Music Award in 2015. CBS has declared One Flew West as one of the top up and coming Denver bands.

3. Bud Bronson & The Good Timers

Date: 4/22

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Venue: Aggie Theatre

About: Bud Bronson & The Good Timers are a classic rock inspired band that takes an original approach to recreating the rock sound from the 1970s. With a sound comparable to Iron Maiden, Bud Bronson & The Good Timers is known for its storytelling lyrics and authentic sound.

4. Silver and Gold

Date: 4/22

Time: 8 p.m.

Venue: Mainline

About: Silver and Gold is a Greeley based energetic rock band. Known for their upbeat concerts and original sound, Silver and Gold claims they are “the best band you’ve never heard of.

5. Last Call Romance

Date: 4/23

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Venue: Equinox Brewing

About: Inspired by rockabilly and blues, Last Call Romance is a Fort Collins based husband and wide duo. Last Call Romance’s music tells the story of the couple’s life experiences.

Collegian Reporter Randi Mattox can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @randimattox.