How to make a Halloween costume with what’s in your closet

If you don’t want to spend $50 plus dollars on a Halloween costume, here are some ideas that you can go shopping for in your very own closet: 

1. Sandy from “Grease” after her makeover:

via GIPHY

This costume calls for red high heels, but you could get away with any brightly colored shoe. Other than that, all you need is a black shirt and some black skinny jeans. To really pull off this look, do some big curls in your hair and add a leather jacket. 

2. Wednesday Addams:

via GIPHY

Pair a collared white shirt with a black dress, braid your hair, and practice having a completely emotionless face. That’s all there is to this Halloween spirited costume. 

3. Cowboy or Cowgirl:

via GIPHY

Everyone owns a flannel or jean shirt, which is the staple item in creating a cowboy or cowgirl costume. Once you have that, all you have to do is put on your favorite pair of blue jeans and some boots, and you’ve got a Halloween costume. A cowboy hat would really pull the look together, but it’s not a necessity. 

4. Alex from “A Clockwork Orange”:

via GIPHY

This costume really exudes Halloween spirit, and all it requires is a white button up shirt, a fedora hat, and some eye makeup. 

5. Risky Business: 

via GIPHY

Similarly, all you need for this costume is a white button up shirt and socks. However, you will have to walk around without pants on all night, so be prepared! 

6. Audrey Hepburn from “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”:

via GIPHY

Most girls have some variation of a black dress hanging up in their closet. Pair that with some classy jewelry, pin your hair up, add a trench coat if you have one, and your costume is good to go. 

Gifs courtesy of Giphy.com.

Collegian Reporter Randi Mattox can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @randimattox.