KCSU Review: Songs that make us feel gooood

Jake Schwebach

Who doesn’t like to feel good? Start your day or night off right with this feel-good playlist brought to you by your student DJs of KCSU. The full playlist can be accessed on Spotify here.

1. “Fishies” by The Cat Empire off So Many Nights – DJ Early Grey
    Felix Riebl (middle) and Harry James Angus (left) of The Cat Empire.
    The Cat Empire.
  2. “Swimming In the Summer” by Johnny Cakes and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso off  Rise of the Pink Flamingos – DJ Night Shade.
  3. “Feelin’ Alright” by Joe Cocker off With a Little Help from my Friends – Captain Jack: A cover originally written by Traffic, just the piano groove alone in this song makes me happy.
  4. “The Seed 2.0” by The Roots feat. Cody Chestnutt off Phrenology – DJ J. Schway: not unlike the feeling of getting a parking space on campus. 
  5.  “Sunday Candy” by Chance the RapperDJ Bruce.
  6. “Pay No Mind” by Madeon off Technicolor – DJ G-Love: It’s impossible to be sad when you hear the opening synth line, followed by vocals by Passion Pit.
  7. “Make Your Own Kind of Music” by Mama Cass Elliot off Bubblegum, Lemonade, and Something For Mama – DJ AlchemyLike that stuffed animal I dust off the shelf now and again, it’s old, comforting, and always what I need.
  8. “MMS 1970’s” by Filmstrip off Moments of Matter – Vinny D
    James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem
    James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem
  9. “Comfortably Numb” by Pink Floyd off The Wall – DJ Stat Cat.
  10. “You Make My Dreams” by Daryl Hall & John Oates – DJ Atlas
  11. “Wait (Kygo Remix)” by M83DJ QuestAlways makes me so ridiculously happy.
  12. “Move On Up” by Curtis Mayfield off Curtis – DJ Fox.
  13. “Do Better” by Say Anything off Say Anything – DJ Squid
  14. “Dance Yrself Clean” by LCD Soundsystem off This is Happening – DJ Meenbeatz: This song is the ultra classic feel good song that never fails at getting me stoked for life.
  15. “Divisions” by Umphrey’s McGee off Safety In Numbers – B-RAD: This song gives me the chills each time I listen.
  16. “Dream Baby Dream” by Suicide DJ Hyperballad.
  17. “Red Baron” by Billy Cobham off Spectrum – The Jersey Boys: This song just grooves from beginning to end.
  18. “What a Pleasure” by Beach Fossils off What A Pleasure EP – Hannah from the Knickknack Hour: This song makes me feel like I woke up from a great nap and it’s sunny outside.

Have a great day and go Rams! 

Collegian Reporter and KCSU DJ Jake Schwebach can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @jschway.