HEYDAY boutique features items for all family members

[new_royalslider id=”362″]

Photos by Zara DeGroot

A period of great success, vigor and popularity; a time of playfulness, fun and energy. That is what the word “heyday” means. But when Jennifer Little came across the word, she knew it would be the best name for the family-oriented lifestyle boutique shop she was dreaming of opening.

HEYDAY debuted in mid-August, and offers the Fort Collins community another opportunity to support a locally-owned business. After all, what does Fort Collins love more than shopping local?

Yet, what makes HEYDAY unique is not its local factor, but that it is a boutique for more than just women. And that was the intent.

“We wanted to blend men, women and home (goods) because it is not something that’s out there,” Little said. “The concept is great basics for your own home, and everything that goes into your home — kitchenware, skincare, lingerie.”

With a background in interior design, Little knew she wanted to eventually open up her own shop, more specifically mixing sofas and denim. Starting in January, she began planning her dream boutique. The shop intertwines everything necessary to fill a home with classic, quality basics — from couches to men’s clothing, and everything in between.

Not only that, the shop sells items from local and national brands, as well as international brands. There is jewelry from Italy and pottery from Tel Aviv. And Little’s favorite items? She loves the women’s boots and the linen couches.

Next time you have the urge to support a local business, pop in to HEYDAY and check out the items. And if you’re shopping for a friend or family member, fret not — you can get your item gift-wrapped.

HEYDAY is located at 1939 Jessup Dr., in an artisan village of farm buildings over 100 years old. These buildings have been renovated and will serve as storefronts to a variety of local businesses, including a boutique gym, restaurant and a brewery still in the works. The location, though still under construction, fits the shop perfectly, and encapsulates the same neighborly, airy and down-to-earth vibe.

Little personifies the characteristics of her shop. She embodies the laid-back and friendly store owner we all love, eager to meet customers and answer any questions they may have.

If that does not convince you to pay a visit, when I stopped by, a woman standing in line looked out the window and mused under her breath, “This place is so cute.”

Collegian A&E reporter Zara DeGroot can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com, or on Twitter @zar_degroot