Mike Posner and Nico & Vinz perform at Moby Arena for RamFest concert

On Friday, Ram Events hosted the customary RamFest for Homecoming weekend, including performances by Spylt, Mike Posner and Nico & Vinz.

The show was held in the Moby Arena with gates opening at 7 p.m. With a new VIP floor area and a general admission to the floor and seats, the arena was set up to be filled with students.

Mike Posner performs at the Ramfest 2014 Homecoming Concert in Moby Arena on Friday night.
Mike Posner performs at the Ramfest 2014 Homecoming Concert in Moby Arena on Friday night. (Photo credit: Eliott Foust)

The night started off with local Denver talent, Splyt. The three man crew consists of a DJ and two rappers jumping around the stage and engaging with the crowd. The members of Splyt did their best to get the crowd excited and ready for the one and only Mike Posner. With their set ending at eight thirty, the crowd waited anxiously for Mike Posner to come on stage.

Posner finally arrived and immediately began his set, with much excitement radiating from the crowd. Playing many of his big hits, both old and new, Posner played music for all different types of fans in the crowd.

The Collegian and members of CTV were able to catch up with Posner after the show for a quick interview.

Posner talked about his motivation to begin creating music while attending Duke University.

“My career started in my dorm room,” Posner said. “I never went out. I was always home recording.”

As a college alumnus himself, he was able to offer advice to current students.

“Everyone in college pretends they have it figured out, [but] no one really knows what the hell they’re doing,” he said. “Just don’t follow the herd or be afraid to do what you love. Follow your gut – your heart … You’re in college; there’s no real risk.”

The night ended with the headlining act Nico & Vinz playing their hit, “Am I Wrong.” The crowd reached peak excitement with everyone singing along to the radio hit.

Nico (left) and Vinz (right) perform at the Ramfest 2014 Homecoming Concert in Moby Arena on Friday night.
Nico (left) and Vinz (right) perform at the Ramfest 2014 Homecoming Concert in Moby Arena on Friday night. (Photo credit: Eliott Foust)

Kenady Adams, a student at Fossil Ridge High School, came out to Moby specifically for this show and was not disappointed.

“It was a great experience – a good atmosphere,” she said. “My favorite part was seeing Splyt because I know them personally.”

While several students did not know what to expect from Nico & Vinz, many enjoyed the show and emerged as bigger fans than before.

“They weren’t what I expected, but they were good,” said Logan Schenk, an undeclared freshman.

The show was a hit with many who attended. With the end of the show came the end of the first night of Homecoming weekend.

Collegian A&E Music Beat Writer Royce Hoffner can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @RoyceHoffner