Holiday makeup releases

ram-rumble

Autumn may have just begun, but the makeup industry is already gearing up for the holidays. Many brands have released palettes this autumn, while others are previewing the upcoming holiday makeup sets. Here are some of the most anticipated makeup palettes to put on your holiday wish list.

Too Faced Holiday 2014 Collection

Too Faced goes all out with their holiday collections, and this year is no exception. Last year delivered the coveted Chocolate Bar palette ($49), with 16 neutral matte and shimmer eyeshadows. This year will feature makeup sets for the eyes and lips. Too Faced has already released Beauty Wishes & Sweet Kisses ($34), a palette including cream, gold and brown eyeshadows from the Chocolate Bar palette. Beauty Wishes & Kisses also includes two bronzers and a lip gloss. Sugar & Spice ($39), an Ulta exclusive eyeshadow palette, contains a mixture of matte and shimmer nudes, golds, browns and one plum shade. For those who prefer to buy lip products, Too Faced has two holiday lip sets: a lipstick trio called Under the Mistletoe ($28) and a liquid lipstick set of four called Melted Kisses ($25).

Tarte Holiday 2014

Tarte will release a four-palette set that comes with a portable case called Away Oui Go ($48), another Ulta exlusive. Each palette contains one blush and four neutral eyeshadows, ranging from soft nude tones to warm chocolate browns. The set also contains three lip glosses and one mascara. For the holidays, Tarte will also release a blush palette (Pin-up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette ,$42.00 available at Sephora), as well as an advent calendar of makeup products (Petite Treat 12 Days of Tarte Advent Calendar, $37.00).

BareMinerals The Magic Act

Although it is not a holiday palette, The Magic Act ($39) is a more recent BareMinerals release. This palette is extremely versatile, because it features neutral tones that pair well with any eye color. It includes six eyeshadows, including pale neutrals, soft pinks and warm browns. The palette also contains blushes and luminizer.

Josie Maran Winter Dreams

For those seeking a multi-functional set, this is the one to buy. All of the products in Winter Dreams ($34) contain argan oil. The set includes mascara, a convertible lip and cheek color, a rose gold eyeshadow, illuminizer and a moisturizing oil.

Urban Decay Naked2 Basics

Urban Decay has acquired a cult following since the release of the original Naked Palette ($54). After releasing a whole line of Naked products including eyeshadows, lip glosses and foundations, the brand came out with Naked2 Basics ($29). This mini eyeshadow palette contains six matte cream, taupe and brown shades. While the first Naked Basics ($29) features a warm-toned lineup, Naked2 Basics is a cool-toned collection.

Collegian Interactive News Team member Katie Schmidt can be reached at socialmedia@collegian.com or on Twitter @KatieDSchmidt.