5 Things You Missed at Tour De Fat

ram-rumble

This weekend was the glorious unofficial holiday, Tour De Fat. It’s that wonderful day where you are encouraged to dress up as outrageously as you possibly can and ride your bike around Fort Collins with thousands of your new closest friends. Oh and of course, drink delicious beer if you are 21 and over. If you happened to miss out on the festivities, don’t worry, we got you covered. Here are five things you missed at Tour De Fat.

1. Bicycle centered inventions

20140830_114210 (2) 20140830_112727

The end of a giant kaleidoscope, just one of the many crazy inventions made out of old bike parts (left) and a magical musical invention powered by you and a set of bike pedals (right).

2. Amazing music

Whether made by you or the amazing musicians like Nathaniel Rateliff , The Reals or In The Whale, rest assured everyone was dancing.

Gif courtesy of Giphy.

3. Portaoke

It is exactly what it sounds like…Karaoke in a Porta-potty. As gross as it sounds, it was actually very entertaining.

4. A quick and free keepsake from KRFC

KRFC donated their time to create fun and unique memories for everyone at Tour De Fat with their polaroid photo booth. There were plenty of fun hats and signs if your Tour De Fat costume wasn’t enough

5. And of course, the costumes

20140830_132445

From Beer Spartans to Minions, there was an interesting costume everywhere you looked.

“It was really fun to see everyone in their costumes. There definitely were some characters. It is a super fun community gathering,”

– Emily Timroth, junior marketing major

“I’m not wearing a costume. I got crazy shorts at Arc, a shirt with tassels and a floral vest … I did it last year for the first time and I wanted to do it again,”

– Maddie Lundgren, senior international studies major

Collegian Interactive News Team member Mikaela Antonelli can be reached at socialmedia@collegian.com or on Twitter @mikaela_tweets.