Meaux Green Comes to Colorado

Featured on Billboards “Next Big Sound,” Meaux Green, a DJ with a hip-hop inspired EDM sound, is going against all odds that trap, heavy bass and electronic music is going out of style. Some would say that there’s nothing new in the beats of this coming of age genre, but Meaux Green has something else to share than the same old “bass-in-your-face.”

“Genres don’t really matter to me as much as the vibe,” Green said. “I like music that is fun, entertaining and fresh.”

This will be the first time Green has performed in Colorado and we are fortunate enough to have him at our very own Aggie Theater today.

“Fans should expect to have lots and lots of fun. I personally hate going to a show and hearing DJ’s all play the same set or the same tracks for a year,” Green said. “Expect to hear some songs you know but there will be plenty of surprises and exclusive material that may not be out yet.”

Haley Mohr, an enthusiastic electronica fan since the beginning, said that Green came into her life while living in the mountains last summer.

“I’ve never seen him in concert since he hasn’t been to Colorado yet but I’m excited to see him Friday.” Mohr said. “I love the remix of ‘I Wish’, it’s super dope. I also love ‘Thirsty’ featuring Caked Up. It consists of water drops and it’s so sick.”

Those of you who have been to a DJ set at the Aggie know that there is no getting away from the sway of the crowd and the head banging. Green is setting no limits as to what he’s going to throw at the crowd.

Lindsey Lebel, another EDM fan whose favorite artists’ consists of Bassnectar and Pretty Lights, enjoys Green as well.

“I recently starting listening to Meaux Green and am so excited for his show because I can’t wait to see what kind of set he throws down.” Lebel said.

As excited as Green is to perform for his first time in Colorado, the fans and the concert attendees should be just as stoked to boogie down to some original EDM tunes.

Collegian entertainment staff writer Makaela Bamonti can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.