5 Fort Collins bands with free music

A musician begins his set at local music venue GNU: Experience Gallery that closed earlier last year.

Fort Collins has a lively and diverse music scene. Below are five bands in the folk rock genre that are worthy of mention. Two of these bands might be from Denver, but as frequents to Fort Collins, it’s reason enough to at least take a listen. And to mention, all of this music is free.

A.M. Pleasure Assassins

A punk rock band from Fort Collins, the A.M. Pleasure Assassins are sure to add a bit of energy to your daily routine or start a party off right.

Elephant Revival

An experimental folk and Americana band, Elephant Revival just returned from a tour in the UK and Ireland. Selling out shows in the UK was a nightly occurrence for the Nederland based band. Their next Fort Collins concert will be at the Aggie February 20 and 21.

Confluence

Confluence is a light math-rock band from Denver who began in January of 2013. With unconventional vocals and impossibly catchy guitar licks, this might be your new favorite driving music. 

The Yawpers

The Yawpers are pretty straightforward. They stand for loud and pure American rock ‘n’ roll. Although a Denver band, the group often travels to FoCo music venues. Get familiar with the up and coming group and look out for the next sweaty, gritty and absurdly fun local show.

Sour Boy, Bitter Girl

Once you say the name of the band, you’ll want to say it again. Sour Boy, Bitter Girl is a folk rock band from Fort Collins, and a local favorite. Their shows have graced the stages of almost (if not all) of Fort Collins music stages, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to become well acquainted with a Fort Collins legend.