Bars in FoCo serve up tasty drinks

A cocktail composed of vodka, lime juice and g...
A cocktail composed of vodka, lime juice and ginger beer. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The transition from four weeks of break to another semester of classes is a difficult one for students. For many college students, a night at the bars provides time with friends and a chance to take a break from the chaos of the week. If you are trying to find something new to drink, we’ve got your back. We called some of the top bars in Fort Collins to find their most popular drinks for the weekend. If you are looking to shake things up, you should give these a go the next time you go out.

Lucky Joe’s most popular drink this weekend was the whiskey coke. Yeti, on the other hand, said their top drinks were Fireball shots and the Adios Mother F**kers. The Adios drink consists is similar to a long island iced tea, but with sprite  and blue curacao.

Yeti was also made popular by their delicious oatmeal cookie shots. This sweet drink has Bailey’s, firestone and butter shots. Last, but not least, Peach Cobbler shots were popular with Fort Collins party-goers. These tasty concoctions feature firestone, peach schnapps and pineapple juice.

According to Wash Bar, the Moscow Mule was a big hit. This drink consists of ginger ale beer, vodka and lime and is served in a copper cup. Another popular choice was the CSU Salute with 5 shots of clear liquor, a pint of beer, blue curacao and pineapple.

At Coopersmith’s, the seasonal Poor Richard’s Pale Ale was a top choice, along with the all-year traditional IPA Punjabi.

Mo Jeaux’s rocked the Bionic Beaver, a drink with vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, peach schnapps, cranberries and a little bit of Coors light. This drink is served on ice, and is comparable to a copper “fish bowl.”

Collegian Entertainment writer Peyton Garcia can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.