Pinot’s Palette will please your palate

Photos by, Madison Brandt

[new_royalslider id=”59″]

What does a glass of wine have in common with a painting? The fact that you can enjoy them both at Pinot’s Palette in Old Town, of course.

Sip on a refreshment of your choice at Pinot’s Palette while channeling your inner Picasso.

Pinot’s Palette was only recently introduced to Fort Collins by Kim Fain and her husband Tony Curtis. It is an art and entertainment studio branching from a larger franchise based in Houston, Texas.

Pinot’s Palette offers classes Wednesday through Sunday where each participant paints a picture while following along with a live art instructor. Classes range from $35 to $45 per painter, and all paint supplies are provided by the venue.

CSU recreation and tourism major Berkeley Bryant visited Pinot’s Palette for the first time a few weekends ago to celebrate her birthday.

“It was a blast,” Bryant said. “The bartender was super friendly and played great music. Our instructor was quirky, funny and ready to help!”

Pinot’s Palette offers to host birthday parties, corporate parties, team events and more for all ages and demographics.

“Our youngest birthday party was for a 7-year-old, and our oldest patron, I believe, was 89 years old,” said Fain, owner of the venue.

There is something for everyone.

If you are planning on a “Girls’ Night Out,” Wednesday is “Ladies Night” and all ladies get a free drink. If you’re looking for something more family friendly, Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. is “Kids’ Camp,” full of fun for the little ones.

If you are looking for a good time with that special someone, Saturday night is “Saturday Night Fever.” Dressing up for the specified theme earns you a drink on the house.

“Our goal is to have everyone who leaves there leave with a positive experience,” Fain said. “We try to keep the atmosphere light and fun.”

You don’t need to be a great artist to go. It’s all about having fun.

“I’m not artistic at all,” Bryant said. “But they gave step-by-step instructions while still giving you a chance to do your own thing. I would totally recommend it. It was a lot of fun and super easy to follow.”

Wine and art bars are becoming increasingly popular.

“It doesn’t focus on over-drinking, and doesn’t focus on over-eating. It focuses more on a creative aspect as well as a lot of fun,” Fain explained. “A lot of people haven’t painted since they were kids, so painting in a non-threatening environment is a unique experience.”

Pinot’s Palette has a gallery of over 300 paintings to choose from and a small, friendly staff of artists and bartenders. Pinot’s Palette has two studio rooms available 24/7 and a very easy registration process for private parties.

For more information about Pinot’s Palette, the class schedule or how to reserve a private studio, visit www.pinotspalette.com/FortCollins.

Senior Entertainment Writer Peyton Garcia can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.