How to Increase eCommerce Sales with SEO

With the development of the online shopping market, SEO has become a crucial factor in driving targeted traffic and increasing sales. Effective...

David Sedaris at Lincoln Center sold out

English: David Sedaris at a talk in Ontario.
English: David Sedaris at a talk in Ontario. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

His wit and humor have taken the world by storm, and Wednesday evening David Sedaris will be bringing his coveted storytelling talent to the Lincoln Center.

Sedaris first entered the public radar with tales of life as an elf in Macy’s SantaLand. He has since teamed up with his sister, Amy Sedaris, to write a handful of successful plays and a string of bestselling books, resulting in his nomination for three Grammy Awards.

His most recent book, entitled “Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls,” is a collection of stories that take the reader around the world with Sedaris as he describes his travels in his signature sardonic style.

“The stories he tells and the way he tells them is just kind of strange,” said Dylan Lowe, a Sedaris fan. “But strange in a good way. His books are so entertaining to read; I always have a hard time getting into something else after I’ve been reading him.”

Despite his major success in the world of print, with an impressive array of books and essays, Sedaris doesn’t need the written word to attract adoring fans. His quirky stories can regularly be heard on “This American Life,” a weekly show distributed by Public Radio International, and he has been a returning guest on NPR.

“I feel like I have a personal relationship with him just because of all the times I listened to him in the car,” said Connor Hewitt, a loyal NPR listener. “He’s hilarious, and I think his kind of sarcastic humor makes it easy to relate to him.”

Wednesday, May 8 starting at 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Center, Sedaris will be sharing pieces from “Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls,” as well as various other selections from his vast body of work. Tickets are currently sold out.

Entertainment Staff Reporter Katie Salka can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.