Meet the editor: Marshall Dunham, Assistant News Editor

Marshall Dunham is the assistant news editor this year for The Rocky Mountain Collegian. Currently, he’s a senior at Colorado State University studying journalism.

Prior to moving to Fort Collins, Dunham served as a reporter for the Pagosa Springs SUN, where he won multiple awards from the Colorado Press Association, including Best Deadline Reporting and Best Headline. Out of the variety of topics Dunham has covered, his favorite story he ever broke involved a man who overdosed on methamphetamines while in police custody.

Dunham got his start at The Collegian by writing satires for the opinion desk, where he joked about things like hipsters, poor bathroom amenities and the existential dread and suffering that’s kindled by the human condition. Excited to step into some larger shoes this year, Dunham passionately pursues and edits stories while emphasizing political transparency and accountability.

In his spare time, Dunham can be found climbing rocks and sleeping on the ground. He has a deep love for sparsely-populated areas and mountains, and consequently has a nervous breakdown every time he merges onto I-25. Dunham lives close to campus with his soulmate, who is also a dog.

Marshall Dunham can be reached at news@collegian.com or online at @gnarshallfunham.