Q&A with Harry Shum at CSU

040513_calendarWhat: ‘Glee’s’ Harry Shum kicks off Asian Fest

Where: Lory Student Center Theatre

When: Saturday, April 6 at 5 p.m.

Cost: Free

Harry Shum, known for his portrayal of Mike Chang on the TV show “Glee,” will be delivering a speech in the LSC Theatre Saturday at 5 p.m. Admission is free, but you can expect seats to go fast. This speech, which will cover Asian portrayal in media and defying stereotypes as well as Shum’s own career, is to kick off CSU’s Asian Fest, which lasts April 6 to April 28. For more information on all the rad events that the Asian Pacific American Cultural Center is putting on this month or the group in general, go to www.apacc.colostate.edu.

What: Animal House Benefit Concert

Where: Avogadro’s Number

When: Sunday, April 7 at 6 p.m.

Cost: $5-10 suggested donation

Everyone loves animals. Don’t even disagree, because that would be dishonest of you. Head over to Avogadro’s Sunday evening for a silent auction and music by The Doctors, and feel good doing it. Proceeds will go to Animal House, which works to give animals second chances. If you’re considering a pet, maybe you’d like to adopt from them? Just a suggestion; I don’t run your life.

What: Fourth Annual Wildland Jam

Where: Avogadro’s Number

When: Saturday, April 6 at 8 p.m.

Cost: $20 for adults

$10 for students with ID

For the fourth year running, the Wildlands Restoration Volunteers are putting on their annual Wildland Jam show. There will be performances by The Haunted Windchimes, Maxwell Hughes and Futaba, and proceeds directly benefit the group. If you show up earlier there will be some speeches, and there will be an opportunity drawing and a paddle raiser. What’s a paddle raiser, you ask? Show up Saturday night and find out.

What: Enameling Demo and Workshop

Where: Visual Arts Room E102 on campus

When: Friday and Saturday, April 5 and 6 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Cost: Free to students

Visiting Artist Sarah Perkins is coming to CSU to give a demonstration and workshop about enameling. The enameling process involves fusing powdered glass to ceramics or metal by firing them at temperatures over 1,300 degrees Fahrenheit. But don’t let me spew Wikipedia at you; attend this and learn from someone who knows what she’s talking about. Contact Professor Haley Bates for registration information at haleyb@colostate.edu. Space is limited, so act fast.