Things to do to Stay Occupied During Quarantine

Sponsored Content

If self-quarantine and social distancing has you going a little crazy, there are plenty of activities you can do to try and keep yourself busy and entertained. 

Have a family bake/cook-off

Get out your aprons and cooking tools. Having a family bake-off or cook-off (Food Network-style) is a great way to stay entertained and gets the blood pumping. Not only that, but you may end up with a great new recipe.

Do a home workout

This one is pretty well-known, but doing home workouts can help you stay fit and working out is said to help your immune system. 

Reorganize your room/house

With plenty of time on your hands, what better time to clean out that junk drawer or closet. Cleaning and reorganizing can be calming and looking at the final product can give you a nice sense of accomplishment.

Collect clothing or food to donate

While you’re cleaning out your room, maybe start a donation pile to help out those who need it. There are a lot of families who can’t get the proper food and nutrients during the quarantine who need to rely on others to help them out.

Draw or paint

If you have that artistic flair, pick up a pencil or paint brush and let the artistic juices flow. It can be very therapeutic and you may end up with a masterpiece by the end.

Learn an instrument or pick one back up

As our lives get busier, it can be easy to stop playing an instrument that you used to love. This may be the perfect time to start playing it again. Or if there is an instrument that you have been dying to try and learn, now would be the time to start.

Skype or Facetime people

Spending time with the same people every single day can get a little rough. Video chatting with your friends or other family members is a great way to practice social distancing while still catching up on each other’s lives.

This is a difficult time for everyone, but the best thing you can do is to stay inside. Just remember that there are plenty of things you can do to stay busy, and make sure to keep a positive mind through it all.