Safety makes sending rounds downrange that much more fun

If you’re like me and love to go to the shooting range you usually start salivating when the weather starts to warm up. You might even start

Shooting Range (Photo credit: macroman)
Shooting Range (Photo credit: macroman)

looking for the closest gun range.

Colorado is home to some of the best shooting in the country in my opinion. Not only are there plenty of official gun ranges to shoot at.

But there is also a lot of open space in this state where you can unload those now banned 100 round magazines. Whether you’re bump firing your shiny new AR-15 or just target practicing it’s important to remember that safety is the most important part of any fun filled weekend.

Here are some weapons safety tips I learned in the Marines that help keep you and others from the “accidental misfire” However if you ask any gun expert they will probably tell you that your most important safety feature on a firearm is your finger.

1. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
  2. Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you intend to fire.
  3. Never point your weapon at anything you don’t intend to shoot.
  4. Keep your weapon on safe until you intend to fire.

You may have learned something different but memorizing some

e basic rules before going to the range this summer might just save not only your life but that of someone else.