Unlocking the Digital Treasure: A Dive into Cryptocurrency Exchanges

Ever wondered, amid all this digital currency buzz, what is the value of Ethereum today? It's a question that sparks the curiosity of many,...

LTTE: A message from Ram Kidz Village

Graphic illustration depicting a letter on a coffee table that reads "Letter to the Editor" surrounded by a coffee cup, pencil and loose papers.
(Graphic Illustration by Christine Moore-Bonbright | The Collegian)

Editor’s Note: All opinion section content reflects the views of the individual author only and does not represent a stance taken by The Collegian or its editorial board. Letters to the Editor reflect the view of a member of the campus community and are submitted to the publication for approval.

Did you know that 22% of undergraduate college students have children? That means one out of every five students you talk to on this campus has little ones waiting for them at home.

These students are among the hardest workers at our University because they not only manage work and class but their families as well. What are some ways our University supports these students? Time to introduce Colorado State University’s one-of-a-kind Ram Kidz Village program!

The aim of these services is for RKV to be a ‘home base’ for student parents, whether they need temporary child supervision, social support or resource assistance in order to best thrive at home and at class.”

RKV is located in room 201A of the Morgan Library and operates under the Adult Learner and Veteran Services office. When students enter the RKV classroom, they are struck by the welcoming, cheery space. One side of the classroom is characterized by large glass windows overlooking the CSU Plaza, allowing sunlight to gently warm the classroom floor.

A reading corner is nestled in the upper right corner behind a cute craft table for the children, while the rest of the room holds colorful spaces for toys and exploration. Between RKV and ALVS, these are the places we want student parents and their families to call home away from home.

RKV offers up to two hours of child supervision for all enrolled CSU student parents while they study or work in the Morgan Library. Bonus point: Services are completely free for undergraduate and graduate students.

Additional services include structured, educational activities during each child’s stay, activity kits for families to take home, resource referrals for families and parents (food, housing, mental health, financial, etc.) and a plethora of virtual activities and parenting information on all RKV social media platforms.

The aim of these services is for RKV to be a “home base” for student parents, whether they need temporary child supervision, social support or resource assistance in order to best thrive at home and at class.

If you know of a student parent or you are a student parent, spread the word so we can continue to build a community of support on our campus.”

So here’s to our student parents on campus — to the parent who rises before the sun so they can drive their little ones to school prior to their classes; to the first-generation student who studies tirelessly so they can practice their dream job and provide for their family; to the student parent in their forties who takes whatever part-time classes they can afford while working step-by-step toward their degree; to the international student parent who has adjusted to an entirely new university culture to obtain their chosen degree, allowing their children to witness the attainability and value of a good education.

These are the students our University celebrates and desires to support. You have a place on this campus, and we are here to support you. If you know of a student parent or you are a student parent, spread the word so we can continue to build a community of support on our campus. Please contact our ALVS assistant director, Lisa Chandler, at Lisa.Chandler@colostate.edu with any additional questions about the RKV program.

Laura Rencher

Assistant Manager of Marketing and Public Outreach for Ram Kidz Village

Letters may be sent to letters@collegian.com. When submitting letters, please abide by the guidelines listed at collegian.com.