Update: National Guard to assist in evacuating 1,000 Larimer County residents

As of September 16, 1:00 p.m. there are 13 National Guard helicopters and three civilian helicopters resuming evacuations and air rescue operations according to latest press release from the City of Fort Collins. 1,000 residents in remote areas in Larimer County remain waiting for evacuation as the count for unaccounted persons is down to 398.

Road closures still in effect are:

U.S. 34 between Glade Road and Estes Park

SH 14 between Ted’s Place and Walden

U.S. 287 at Big Thompson River in Loveland from SH 402 to 5th Street

As of 6:49 p.m. the following bridges and intersections will remain closed:

Overland Trail, Shields Street, Lincoln Street and Linden Street

As of 10:34 p.m. the following changes are in effect according to a statement from the City of Fort Collins:

Bridges now open are:

Taft Hill Road bridge, Lemay Avenue at Mulberry Street, Lemay Avenue at Vine Drive, North College both northbound lanes only one southbound lane is open and Mulberry Street.

Areas still closed are:

Overland Trail and Vine Drive, Shields Street and Vine Drive, Lincoln Street bridge, Linden Street bridge and Timberline Road and Prospect Avenue.

As of 7:09 p.m. the following changes are in effect according to a statement from the City of Fort Collins:

“Taft Hill Road bridge and Lemay Avenue north and south of Mulberry Street have opened; Mulberry remains closed.”

As of 2:43 p.m. the following closes are in effect:

As of 7:37 a.m. the University announced that the campus is closed due to heavy rains and flooding.

According to the city of Fort Collins, road closures include bridges and roads along the Poudre River including:

• Overland Trail
  • Taft Hill Road
  • Shields Street
  • College Avenue
  • Linden Street
  • Lincoln Avenue
  • Mulberry Road
  • Lemay Avenue
  • Prospect Road

As of now, there is one way to get east to I-25, by Harmony Road or Timberline Road to Mulberry Street. However, travel is strongly discouraged.

The editors of the Collegian and  the University of Colorado Boulder’s CU Independent  have collaborated on a map that shows the closures and warnings Northern Colorado has experienced the past 24 hours.  We will continue to update the map to keep you informed

Check out the map here.

Stay with us for updates and on Twitter for the latest on the 2013 Colorado Flood.