Ram Zone store set to open in Old Town Aug. 2

Old Town Fort Collins will soon see a new addition with the opening of the Colorado State University Ram Zone store.

Ram Zone store. Photo courtesy of CSU.
Ram Zone store set to open in Old Town Aug. 2. Photo courtesy of CSU.

The store, located at 172 N. College Ave. in the space formerly occupied by Mountain Shop, will be the first of its kind run by CSU in Fort Collins, according to a news release from the University. The CSU Bookstore and Department of Athletics are co-sponsoring the business. Fans will be able to buy Rams gear and purchase tickets for upcoming sporting events at the store.

“We’ve got a great location, and I think this will be a very nice representation of CSU Athletics, the on-campus bookstore and CSU as a whole,” said John Parry, director of the CSU Bookstore in the Lory Student Center, in the release.

The store officially opens Aug. 2, with a grand opening celebration Aug. 2-4. Store hours will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday; and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.

Parry said Ram Zone will offer a variety of CSU-themed shirts, hats, jackets and sweatshirts, along with sideline gear similar to that worn by Ram coaches. Parry said RamZone will carry different items than the CSU Bookstore, including apparel made by Under Armour, which became the official apparel provider for CSU Athletics on July 1.

“If you drive into town you’re probably not going to go to campus specifically to buy your Ram gear,” Parry said in the release. “But if you’re walking in Old Town and you see Ram Zone, you’ll be able to stop in and buy some great gear.”

Parry added that the store will also provide jobs for a number of CSU students.