Fort Collins police investigating indecent exposure at Poudre River

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION. The Poudre River has been running black with ash ever since the infamous fires of this past summer. The ash is preventing Fort Collins from using the Poudre as a source of drinking water.
The Poudre River. Photo illustration by Kevin Johanssen.

Fort Collins police are investigating an incident involving a man who reportedly exposed himself Sunday, July 7, at approximately 4 p.m. to four young girls swimming in the Poudre River near Legacy Park at 300 Woodlawn Drive.

Police believe this suspect may have also exposed himself to others, likely around bike paths and public parks in the past. The man is described as “a heavy set Caucasian man in his mid-50’s” in a news release from Fort Collins police.

Fort Collins police are asking anyone who has been the victim of an indecent exposure on the bike trails, or knows anyone who has, and the person matches the general description of this male to contact Officer Rob Knab at (970) 221-6540 or Crime Stoppers of Larimer County at 970-221-6868. Persons who contact Crime Stoppers will remain anonymous and possibly be eligible for a cash reward. Crime Stoppers may also be reached through their Web site at www.stopcriminals.org.

“Fort Collins police reminds community members to be aware of those around them and for parents to visit with children about personal safety and the importance of reporting any incident to an adult immediately.  Safety tips can be found at http://www.fcgov.com/police/pdf/childsafe.pdf,” the release stated.