Briefs: June 20, 2013

Parking Services seeks student input on hiring

CSU Parking and Transportation Services is hiring an Alternative Transportation Manager and would like student input in the interviewing process. There will be five open forums for five different candidates in total.

Forums  still to be held include: June 20 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. for candidate Megan Tolbert, June 24 from 10-11 a.m. for candidate Sylvia Cranmer and June 25 from 1:30-2:30 for candidate Aaron Fodge. Candidates Cris Jones and Mark Ashby were interviewed June 17 and 18.

The open forums are at the CSU Police Department in the training room and all students are encouraged to attend.
Barefoot Wit back on tap at C.B. & Potts
C.B. & Potts is offering its third selection in their series of 2013 Limited Release beers. The Barefoot Wit Belgian Style White Ale is back and available for a limited time at all C.B. & Potts locations.
Barefoot Wit presents a mix of wheat and barley malts, delicately balanced with orange peel, coriander, and unique Belgian yeast. The Barefoot Wit is a 2013 bronze medal winner at the North American Beer Awards.

Fort Collins C.B. & Potts include the Campus West location at 1415 W. Elizabeth St. and the Collindale location at 1441 E. Horsetooth Rd.

200 natural resources students head for Pingree Park

For the next four weeks, more than 200 natural resource students in the Warner College of Natural Resources will live together in cabins at the Pingree Park campus to participate in NR220, Natural Resources Ecology and Measurements. The students will learn environmental field skills, fish and wildlife biology, forestry, rangeland ecology, watershed sciences and more.

The Warner College also offers NR230, Forestry Field Measurements, where forestry majors learn data collection and analysis skills for developing sustainable forest management plans.

This summer’s NR220 course is June 17-July 12 and July 15-August 9.