New issue of College Avenue magazine released Oct. 16

Notice something different about the Collegian you picked up today? That thing that just fell out of your paper is College Avenue, a magazine produced by CSU students serving the CSU and Fort Collins communities with engaging and informative coverage of relevant topics.

It’s going to be in your Collegian once a month.

This month, enjoy preparing for the fast approaching winter with the Snow Sport Issue. Learn to build your own sled and get the scoop on the best winter gear in our Goods & Gear section. Be fit this winter by taking advantage of local snowshoe trails and learning the power of meditation in the Fit & Fine section. Get back to the roots of ski bumming with the Cache feature on baby boomer ski bums.

Be sure to check out special community features such as the stories of Beavers Supermarket and the Rocket Fizz candy shop. Keep up with the CSU community with an exclusive interview with Kelly Turner, fashion entrepreneur, and get the scoop on life during study abroad with columnist Anna Palmer as she reports back from New Zealand.

Look for our special Best of CSU issue tucked in your Collegian on Tuesday, Nov. 6 to find out which local businesses have been voted the best this campus has to offer. For more features and columns go to collegeavenuemag.com, and download the RamTalk app for your smartphone to keep up with College Avenue, as well as the rest of student media, on the go.