Gallery: Rams spike Cowgirls back to Wyoming

Colorado State welcomed the University of Wyoming Cowgirls. CSU won in four sets 3-1.

Lucy Morantz, Co-Photo Director

• Outside hitter Kennedy Stanford (17) celebrates a kill in the third set against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. Stanford scored a total of 14 kills for Colorado State University.

Collegian | Lucy Morantz
  • Colorado State University fans cheer while a University of Wyoming player prepares to serve the ball Sept. 20.

• Colorado State University outside hitter Kennedy Stanford (17) serves the ball in the first set of the Border War game Sept. 20. The Rams defeated the University of Wyoming Cowgirls 3-1.

Collegian | Lucy Morantz
  • Colorado State University’s starting lineup — Naeemah Weathers (9), Ruby Kayser (49), Karina Leber (42), Kennedy Stanford (17), Annie Sullivan (2), Ciera Pritchard (11) and Kate Yoshimoto (18) — look up at the big screen before the first set of the Border War game against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20.

• Players on the Colorado State University bench jump after their teammate served an ace in the first set against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. The Rams defeated the Cowgirls 3-1.

• Defensive specialist Kate Yoshimoto (18) prepares to serve the ball in the first set of the Border War game against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. The Rams defeated the Cowgirls 3-1.

• Setter Ciera Pritchard (11) sets the ball for middle blocker Naeemah Weathers (9) to hit Sept. 20. The Rams defeated the University of Wyoming 3-1, scoring a total of 72 points in four sets compared to Wyoming’s 45 points.

• Setter Ciera Pritchard (11) calls out a play to her teammates between serves against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. The Rams defeated the Cowgirls 3-1, bringing their season record to 8-4.

• Colorado State University fans cheer after the Rams scored a point in the second set against the University of Wyoming Cowgirls Sept. 20.

• During the second set of the Border War, Colorado State University outside hitter Kennedy Stanford (17) hits the ball past University of Wyoming blockers Sept. 20. Stanford led Colorado State University in kills, accumulating a total of 14, while outside hitter Annie Sullivan (2) had 13.

• While waiting for the University of Wyoming team to return to the court, Colorado State University middle blocker Naeemah Weathers (9) and defensive specialist Ruby Kayser (49) jump at the end of a complicated handshake Sept. 20.

• A Colorado State University fan cheers in the student section during the Border War game against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. The Rams defeated Wyoming 3-1.

• Middle blocker Malaya Jones (1) celebrates after scoring a point for the Rams in the third set against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. Jones had the third most kills for Colorado State University with 11.

• Setter Ciera Pritchard (11) sets the ball backward for a teammate to spike Sept. 20. Pritchard led Colorado State University in assists, accumulating a total of 46, while setter Barrett Power (3) came in second with four.

• During a break between the second and third sets, the Colorado State University Golden Poms team performs in Moby Arena Sept. 20.

• Colorado State University volleyball head coach Tom Hilbert talks to middle blocker Naeemah Weathers (9) on the sideline during the Border War game Sept. 20.

• After falling to the University of Wyoming 25-16 in the second set, the Rams return to the court and prepare for the third set Sept. 20. Colorado State University won the third set 25-7.

• Colorado State middle blocker Naeemah Weathers (9) and outside hitter Annie Sullivan (2) block a hit from the University of Wyoming Sept. 20, 2022.

Collegian | Lucy Morantz
  • Middle blocker Naeemah Weathers (9) celebrates a kill in the third set against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20, 2022. Weathers scored a total of nine kills for Colorado State University.

• The Colorado State University student section puts their arms in the air while a CSU player prepares to serve the ball Sept. 20.

• Defensive specialist Ruby Kayser (49) prepares to serve the ball to the University of Wyoming Sept. 20.

• Defensive specialist Kate Yoshimoto (18) stands ready to receive the ball from a University of Wyoming server Sept. 20. Yoshimoto led the Rams in digs, accumulating 15.

• Setter Ciera Pritchard (11) serves the ball to the Cowgirls Sept. 20. Pritchard had 46 assists and two kills in the Border War game against the University of Wyoming.

• Defensive specialist Kate Yoshimoto (18) and outside hitter Kennedy Stanford (17) celebrate after Stanford hit a kill in the fourth set against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20.

• Outside hitter Annie Sullivan (2) hits the ball past University of Wyoming blockers during the fourth set Sept. 20. The Rams won the fourth set 25-17.

• Colorado State University volleyball head coach Tom Hilbert speaks to the team after the final set against the University of Wyoming Sept. 20. The Rams defeated the Cowgirls 3-1.

• At the end of a timeout, the Rams put their hands together before returning to the court Sept. 20.