Tim Tebow, quarterbacking for team America

Tim Tebow may have failed to land himself on a new football team, but he landed himself a captain’s position on “America’s Most Influential Athletes” list in Forbes Magazine.images

The annual list, put out by Forbes was released Monday afternoon, headlining the currently unemployed quarterback as America’s most influential athlete. Tebow had to beat out a variety of big name sports stars, including 22-time Olympic medalist, Michael Phelps and 4-time NBA MVP, LeBron James to land first place.

The top ten list, voted by fans, ended up like this:

1. Tim Tebow
  2. Michael Phelps
  3. Usain Bolt
  4. Derek Jeter
  5. Peyton Manning
  6. Drew Brees
  7. Gabby Douglas
  8. Aaron Rodgers
  9. LeBron James
  10. David Beckham

The voting was done through organizations, Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research, in which Tebow garnered 29 percent of the first place votes.

This victory comes after Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos, whom he led to a playoff victory, to the New York Jets, where he attempted a total of 8 passes before being released two weeks ago.

Since then, Tebow has had a variety of options for future employment, including offers to quarterback-coach for the Lingerie Football League and to become a spokesman for a Florida window company.

Tim Tebow His home-town Jacksonville fans have also petitioned President Obama to contact Jaguars  GM, David Caldwell to add Tebow to the roster.

The former super-star has been working hard since his release from the Jets, to perfect his    much-harped upon throwing motion. He has also lost weight, thinning out his frame to  resemble that of a quarterback, rather than the fullback he has been told he looks like.

Hopefully, his dreams will come true, Caldwell will give him a chance, and Tebow will only  remain homeless for a short time longer.

However, regardless of what else happens to him, he will obviously remain a polarizing figure in American sports, as he is one of the rare athletes to top the list as an influential ‘athlete,’ though he is not currently employed as one.