A new benefit of having Canadian friends abroad

Molson's beer fridges can be found from "London and Brussels to the pastures of Belgium," according to the article. (image source)
Molson’s beer fridges can be found from “London and Brussels to the pastures of Belgium,” according to the article. (image source)

When traveling abroad it is generally more enjoyable to have friends along with you. However, with the the introduction of Molson’s beer fridges in Europe that can only be unlocked with a Canadian passport, it may be time to bring some friends from up north with you. 

According to the article, “if you’re one of those Americans backpacking the continent with a Canadian flag stitched to your bag, it’s time to fess up. Because when a local asks you to open the town’s Molson fridge, your cover will surely be blown.”

The fridges strewn across Europe advertise for the Canadian beer company Molson and aim to build brand recognition and loyalty. However, the fridges may be around for a while, as plans to include them at the winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia are in the making.

To read more about Molson’s beer fridges from Mental-Floss click here.