Pinkelman’s Olympic Journal: life in Olympic Village

The last time we heard from Colorado State olympian Ben Pinkelman, he was settling into his role as an olympic athlete on the US Rugby men’s sevens squad. Now, Pinkelman has moved into Olympic Village…

Rio is amazing.  There are so many athletes and people here it is a madhouse.  The security all around the village is pretty intense, but that really makes everyone feel incredibly safe.  The village is stunning and I can not believe they were ale to get it all done.  Around the pool and pond that they have set up there are 20 story, hotel like buildings with flags from all the different nations hanging off of them.  The food is excellent, the rooms are nice, and all the fear that the media has built up around the village is simply not true.  Now that we have settled in we will get back to our normal training schedule.  The Rio games are very spread out so we have an hour bus ride to our training facility where we will spend most of our days building up to the games.

Collegian guest contributor Ben Pinkelman can be reached by email at sports@collegian.com